We logged about 390 miles today and landed in the lovely Rincon
East RV Resort in Tucson. We decided on
an easy dinner of tacos and quickly threw them together. Our plates prepared, we sat across our little
table having a relaxing meal after a long day's drive. Barry finishes first and rises from the table
to clear his place. I continue to
finish my tacos and am casually observing as he goes about his business at the
kitchen counter. Almost simultaneously
we both notice a tiny chunk of taco meat is on the floor of the motorhome. I see him spy it, turn towards it and begin
to stoop. Now in my head I’m thinking
there’s no way this man that I’ve know for over 46 years is going to eat off
the floor but this just goes to show they can still surprise you no matter how
much togetherness you share.
Me, incredulously: “Do you even know what you just did?!!!!??”
Barry, casually and completely unoffended: “Yeah, I was
helping clean up.”
Me, astounded at this point:
“You ATE A PIECE OF MEAT OFF THE FLOOR!”
Barry, not even a little bit defensively: “It had been there
less than 5 seconds from the time I spotted it.”
Me, horrified:
“THAT’S NOT THE RULE!!! I can’t believe you did that.”
Barry, unconcerned:
“I didn’t think you would want a piece of meat on the floor.”
Me, resigned: “I could put this in the blog you know. What do you think of that?”
Barry, nonplussed: “That doesn’t scare me. I’ve done worse things.”
Heaven help me.
Really?!!? I must say that this
deterioration might have been inevitable after last night’s dinner
debacle. We went from the sublime culinary
fare of the central coast to the wonders of the foodies in Palm Springs to –
wait for it --- Hamburger Helper on last night’s table.
Now my children will undoubtedly weigh in here to let
everyone know that they practically had to live on Hamburger Helper when I was
the cook in the family. What can I
say? I got a hankering for how I remembered it tasting and last night we
cooked up a batch of Deluxe Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper. It struck us awfully funny that it was so
truly awful that we laughed until we cried.
Gosh I don’t know what possessed me but it has now come back in awful
retribution: I HAVE A FLOOR FOOD GRAZING
HUSBAND!
No comments:
Post a Comment