Saturday, February 24, 2018

And Thus It Begins...

I'm not sure you can actually say we are Tourbus Adventuring yet.  We are night number one - that is numero uno for my Spanish Speakers.  We are 4 hours from home.  This is day 1 of 30.  That's 30 days of togetherness and he has already started...



So I'm minding my own business tonight talking to Scott on the phone.  He and Lynn returned from their trip to Los Olivos and having not seen them figured I should check in.  We cover several subjects including his fame and acclaim as a speaker at the Cape Conference in Monterey (he's in quite the demand as a speaker these days in case you didn't know) and then the subject of their homecoming enters the subject pool.  Apparently, they arrive home to every single smoke detector in the house singing away in full voice!  YIKES!  I very helpfully offering my supportive commentary and ask, "Oh my gosh!  Why would they do that?  How did you get them to stop? Etc..."  My darling son's response?

"Oh I just tore them all off the wall."

Hmmmmm....

"So," says I, "Apparently greatness really does only take so many forms...." (This is one of Scott's favorite statements when he gets accused of being just like his father.)  I know this because this is Barry's first choice of action in the face of any loud, blaring alarm of any kind.  We have several random wires sticking out of walls in our house and motorhome.

"Are you kidding me!" I rejoin, "There HAS to be a better answer than that!"

Now Scott begins his confrontative pronouncement that he'd sure like to know what I think that diagnostic procedure would look like when we hear from the Peanut Gallery apparently monitoring the on speaker conversation:

"Maybe you should just talk to it and see how its feeling."

Yup.  Gonna be a long 30 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment