The open road beckoned, the house was entirely too big and we have hit the road! In four days we've traveled several hundred miles, frozen our water pipes in the rig, broken the entry step and soaked in several hot tubs. We've moved so much I feel like I spent hours on a carnival ride but so far I've not been abandoned at a roadside rest stop and there have been no threats of diminished rider status. It might just be because I have him beaten.
In a stunning militaristic coup, I purchased a geo tracking device for Barry's Christmas that can be clipped to my person. It is registered on the internet with the email addresses of all the children. It knows down to a 5 meter area exactly where it is at all times. At the first sign of trouble I can clip it to my belt loop and be rescued no matter how deep he buries me. It seems to be working just fine. I'm not entirely sure my daughters would come get me but Scott (probably due to the lovely birthday celebration he just experienced) calls if the device sits in one place longer than anticipated.
We meet up with Wick and Gwen tomorrow in San Antonio and then it will be off to see the Green Jays, Whooping Cranes and Ocelots. I am determined to see all of the above and there will be loud complaints should I be deprived of these sightings. Tonight we are camping - well not really camping - but still....in 29 degree weather in Fort Stockton. Let's just say it isn't the scenic wonder of the south....
Let us hear from you. We love having you along as we travel. Just register with a google account and you can post to the site and leave your comments. I will warn you that I have veto power and will block anyone suggesting ways for Barry to get even.
Based on the GPS tracker's history, I'd be careful about proclaiming anything when it comes to dad. I see you are still dangerously close to the desert.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, and make sure to ask about the first run in with the GPS when I had her believing that I could actually see her via sattelite when they stopped to take of some "off loading" at a roadside rest area. I would have paid big money to see her standing next to the tour bus waving her hand frantically in the air asking, "Can you see me now?" He excitment quickly dwindled when I explained that she wasn't being followed by a spy sattelite.
Love ya mommy....
Oh boy. And here I just sent you a heartfelt compliment about how nice you'd been in posting your first comment. Besides your Christmas gift to me was supposed to be no belittling the mother concerning technology. Remember that?!!
ReplyDelete