We took some desert pictures so you could get some kind of feel for how barren this place was. It was actually a decent little campground but wow - miles of nothing for as far as you could see.
Literally the nothing and nowhere.
We spent the last two nights alongside Interstate 40 in Alburqurque and had a great visit with Lori and Greg Walker. Their home is lovely, their dog ridiculous and they are great tour guides. We got to see several of Lori's current projects and some amazing Southwest architecture. We gorged on some of the best food you can even imagine and walked our feet off (almost literally - stay tuned) in Santa Fe. What an amazing place! We shopped til we dropped for a watchband to replace Barry's Native made decades old reservation purchase - it couldn't just be any watchband of course - it had to be Big Ass Hat worthy....See if you think we made it:
Things were going great and we were seeing and eating great things when suddenly, and with no provocation whatsoever the sidewalk lept up and tried to smack Beth. I flailed and flopped and, according to Lori kicked my rear foot backwards at a rather vicious angle but, I'm very pround to report I stayed upright - barely - and it took tremendous grace, athletic prowess and some very rapid foot work - but I did it! Now I almost didn't make it to the next bathroom cause it didn't take long for the whole thing to strike me as hilarious - especially when Lori made it about one more block and then wobbled and bobbled to a nearly fatal fall on her GIANT high shoes - she was truly Weeble-like but nothing like my Olympic Gymnast Quality routine - Proud to say - we both remained upright though slightly the worse for wear.
It is on to Amarillo tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'll be singing that road "AmaRILLO by MORNing..." until Barry orders me to stop....
No comments:
Post a Comment