Saturday, July 14, 2012

And he rode off into the sunset....

Today we transported Barry, his huge backpack and his ten-gallon hat to Sea-Tac Airport.  I'm telling you when we dropped him at the curb and he turned to leave he looked like the gen-u-ine article.  He was duded up in jeans, honest to goodness cowboy boots and the most gigantic cowboy hat this side of them thar hills.  He cut quite a dashing figure and turned many a head as he John Wayned his way into the terminal.  It put a smile on my face, I'll tell you!  In his backpack was his Satellite GPS device, his I Pad, his spurs and maybe even a string tie....although I can't testify to the truthfulness of that last claim.  


He was met in Salt Lake City by our good friend Jay Wirig who undoubtedly has both himself and Barry outfitted with honest to goodness cowboy slickers, chaps and whatever other embellishments are necessary or even available to modern cowboy-hood.  They are set to serve as Mule Skinners for the next week and this is sort of how I picture him out there in the back of beyond:


Meanwhile, back at Lake Pleasant the rest of us are getting by on a killer Shrimp Salad made by the very capable hands of my brother -- I was present when it was set out on the table, though.  We languished around camp, played a round of dominoes (only as far as the 6's and I am in the lead by the way...) and then went for a walk around the lake.  Here is our sunset view:

Check out the reflection of camping rigs in the lake....




No comments:

Post a Comment