Here we are once again lunching at Mickelbob's Ribs and no, don't anticipate the new cruise wardrobe looking like it did even 2 weeks ago. And Wick and Gwen ate every bit as much as we did!
It was on to the Everglades from here and we hit the wildlife bonanza today in a big way. We saw turtles, alligators, an osprey fly into alligator infested water and emerge unscathed with fish in talons. We tromped through the pucker brush and got ourselves surrounded by 9 big gators! We think people must feed them because the minute Wick opened the car door and put his feet on the ground they came in for the kill - well - maybe not for the kill but at least expectently. I'd go so far as to say they were not quite as hysterical as Kirby gets when you feed him but still - threatening and all...
Biggest turtle I think I've ever seen. Had to be 16 inches across the shell! After much debate by Wick and Beth and eye rolling by Gwen and Barry it was definitively decided that this was a Snowy Egret.

Check out these guys!
There are actually several gators laying in this area. It was here that Wick decided to step out!
There are actually several gators laying in this area. It was here that Wick decided to step out! Now the ultimate achievement:
If this worked the way it was supposed to I am now a YouTube publisher!




No comments:
Post a Comment