Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dateline: Friday, September 10, 2012 Still in Seattle

While awaiting better blood test news from Wick we have been relegated to daily trips to the Costco, nightly cut-throat domino competition and perusing the local flea market tabloid for "Out and About Town" ideas for entertainment.  It is that or sit aruond the motorhomes and pick at each other.  All is not lost however as we did stumble upon the World Sand Castle Building competition right here in Federal Way! There are competitors from all over the world and the contest runs through October 3rd.  It is being hosted in a large abandoned parking lot and they've hauled in mountains of glacier sand.  It apparently packs like concrete when wet down.

 We're learning all kinds of new things and currently contemplating a career change to sand castle design- clearly no interest in building the things - too cold, too wet, and way too much labor involved. 

Also please note the Seattle weather in the background...yikes!  My California skin is way too thin for this and my end of summer cute sandals just aren't cutting it in the wet cold.  I'm going to be forced to go by some of those Washington tree-hugger kind of shoes and just hope that somebody will remind me to take them off in California.


But take a look at day one of the sculpting process!

I think this is the winner.
Every female in the competition sports braids.
Again, I think its a tree-hugger issue.
We're headed back Saturday to see the finished products.

1 comment:

  1. Costco, dominoes and sand castles... oh my!!! That's so much fun!! Really!! We'll send some sun up your way; it's warm today. PS Look, I'm no longer anonymous! I still don't like technology.

    ReplyDelete