Lovely morning, rig functioning perfectly going down the road admiring the beautiful scenary through Oregon and Southern Washington. These are my old stomping grounds for those who don't know that I am a born and bred Washingtonian.
Barry (after traveling along nicely for a couple of hours) turning conversationally to Beth says: Remember that old Gallager bit where he talked about having a dart gun in traffic?
Beth (with a suspicious eyebrow raised): Yeaahhh?
Barry: I think maybe I need one of those for the motorhome. I could keep right here in this side pocket and when you get out of line I'll just shoot you with a dart.
![]() |
| Nerf Dart Gun |
Barry (in an uncanny imitation of a Bud quote): I'm just saying....
Beth (full defensive posture invoked): THE HECK YOU SAY! I'LL GET ONE AND SHOOT YOU BACK! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!#@%!!
Barry (with utter calm): I have an AirSoft pistol at home.
Beth: What's that?
Barry (with alarmning discretion): It shoots BBs.
Have I told you all I'm reading a really fun book? It's by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimens called, "Good Omens." Its a humorous look at the apocolypse. Yeah, I know, how can the apocolypse be humorous, right? Well, dear readers, I suggest you stay tuned because me thinks we may be on just such a journey as we travel this roadway on our Excellent Tourbus Adventure Reprisal.
Much later in the day.....
Barry looks over at me in a confused dazed and says: I think we passed the exit.
Beth: No sh.... (that's just what I wanted to say and didn't because I'm much nicer than he is) so instead I say, Yep. I think it was several miles back. I thought you said you knew exactly where you were going. (And yes, folks, he had refused several offers of my Google Maps assistance! Several, kindly delivered offers!)
Barry (seeing an opening): Well, if you hadn't been on the phone when we got to where I was unsure...
Beth: WHAT?!@#!? You handed me YOUR phone because it was ringing! It was YOUR phone!@##!
Barry (now seizing the moment): Yes but you should have known it was a bad time to be on the phone!
Beth: It was YOUR phone! With YOUR kid on it! The kid YOU had forgotten to call back yesterday!!@#^!@!
Barry: Nevertheless, YOU were on the phone and unprepared to assist.
I'm going shopping today. Does anybody know where they carry those Nerf Submachine Gun thingys?

I'm officially giving up TV drama. Reading this blog is the BEST EVER!!
ReplyDelete:o)
Keep having fun, ok??!! Makes for GREAT evening entertainment, with my popcorn never far away!
Have a great trip back....
Doug